Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Wear Blush in Natural Beauty

I have never used Tarte blushes before because I have heard they dry out the skin and also are too pigmented for some people
SO I gave it a go and bought this shade in "Natural Beauty"
and boy is it PINK!
I normally would not get a shade so bright, I tend to stay more on a peach or pale pink side
but decided, eh what the heck!

The packaging is nice, and the pressed stamp is cute as well
I like the fact that it is in a compact with a mirror. I can never get enough of mirrors.
(vain much?)

It seems very sturdy and easy to open which I like.
ALso there is alot of the product inside, unlike most cosmetics where you get a thin layer and a huge compact

Here we are with the swatch. I slightly blended this in with my hand, maybe two light rubs and as you can see it is still very pigmented.
But alas you can easily blend this.
It is very creamy and not heavy whatsoever
It has a harsh pink shade with rose undertones but looks amazing on the apples of the cheeks for a pop of flush

I do not recommend using this to contour
I know some new to the makeup world use any blush to contour and shade which is not the case.
 
If this shade seems too dark. try a luminescent over it.
Like Benefit "High Beam" or M.A.C Mineralize sheer highlighter
 
It will appear softer and give it a diffused glow
 
I give this a 7/10
Basically because the pigmentation is a bit much and they should make these shades softer
These retail at $26.00
 
XoXo
Ash

 

 

0 comments: